Lease and Rent Agreement Terms
LacQuangTax.com is an individual blog and cannot provide legal advice. We provide information and you are responsible for appropriately using this material.
Key Lease and Rent Agreement Terms
- The names of the parties involved (Landlord and Tenant);
- The physical address of the rental property (Number, Street, City, State, Zip Code);
- When will the lease begin;
- What are the beginning and ending dates of the lease;
- Will this be a month-to-month lease, or will it have a fixed term;
- If tenant has any maintenance issues or other concerns during the lease, who should be contacted;
- What furnishings will be provided;
- The amount of rent to be paid each month;
- When the rent is to be paid each month;
- Where the rent is to be paid;
- To whom the rent is to be paid and how to contact this person or entity (e.g. phone number, email, office address, etc.);
- How the rent is to be paid (e.g. cash, check, cashier’s check, etc.);
- Whether pets are allowed;
- The amount required for the security deposit. Landlord must return the tenant’s deposit after moving out as well as deadlines for returning deposits at the end of a lease; and
- The landlord may deduct any unpaid rent from the deposit. However, the landlord can’t deduct for what may be considered normal wear and tear.
RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT
THIS LEASE (the “Lease” dated this _____ day of _____, 2021
IN CONSIDERATION OF the Landlord leasing certain premises to the Tenant and other valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the Parties agree as follows:
The Landlord agrees to rent to the Tenant the room, municipally described as _____ (the “Property”), for use as residential premises only.
Subject to the provisions of this Lease, the Tenant is entitled to the use of parking on or about the Property.
- Subject to the provisions of this Lease, the rent for the Property is $ _____ per month (the “Rent”)
- The Tenant will pay the Rent on or before the _____ day of each and every month of the term of this Lease to the Landlord at _____ by _____.
- On execution of this Lease, the Tenant will pay the Landlord a security deposit of $ _____ (the “Security Deposit”)
- The Landlord must return the tenant’s deposit after moving out as well as deadlines for returning deposits at the end of the lease.
- The Landlord may deduct any unpaid rent from the deposit. However, the Landlord can’t deduct for what may be considered normal wear and tear.
The Parties will complete, sign and date an inspection report at the beginning and at the end of this tenancy.
Utilities and Other Charges
The Landlord is responsible for the payment of the following utilities and other charges in relation to the Property: electricity, water/sewer and internet.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Parties have duly affixed their signatures on this _____ day of _____, 2021
Printed Name _____(Landlord)
Printed Name _____(Tenant)
The Tenant acknowledges receiving a duplicate copy of this Lease signed by the Tenant and the Landlord on the _____ day of _____, 2021
The Landlord acknowledges receiving a duplicate copy of this Lease signed by the Tenant and the Landlord on the _____ day of _____, 2021